Saturday, May 4, 2013

Second Opinion and Upcoming MRI

I took Graham to see another ophthalmologist for a second opinion. This doctor didn't really have any more answers for us... but I did like her better. She talked me through the exam and was patient with Graham. She did not see anything wrong with the anatomy of the eye and wants Graham to get an MRI to see if there is anything going on in the brain that is causing the eye problem. Apparently an ophthalmologist can order an MRI without having to go through a neurologist, but depending on what the MRI shows, we may still need to see a neurologist. So, Graham is scheduled for an MRI at Duke Hospital on May 16 at 8am. And because they will be putting him under general anesthesia he has pre-op on May 14. I can't believe that there isn't some kind of lesser sedation that they could use. I am not looking forward to the MRI because I am not thrilled about him going under general anesthesia again and because anything we find on the MRI will not be good news. Matt and I are praying that the Lord will just heal his eyes and that there is no underlying issue causing the nystagmus (bouncy eyes).

No comments:

Post a Comment