Friday, October 12, 2012

Psalm 139

Being a huge proponent of the sanctity of human life, I have always loved Psalm 139. I even framed Graham's ultrasound picture with this scripture and hung it in the nursery. 



Psalm 139
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.

A dear sweet prayer warrior from my home town told me that she had been praying through these verses over Graham. As I read over them again, I suddenly had a whole new insight. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made" is often used to encourage teenage girls to not hate their bodies because God made them that way. Well, that is a fair application, but there is so much more. Graham's body and little heart were knit together by God himself in my womb. Graham is fearfully and wonderfully made. God didn't make a mistake with Graham's heart and the heart problem didn't happen outside of God's will. All the days, the doctor's appointments, the surgery, everything we are about to face, God has already ordained and recorded. We can rest in God's sovereign plan for our family, knowing that He is in control and He is good. His thoughts of Graham outnumber the sand! Praise be to God! Oh I pray that one day Graham will know what the Lord has done for Him and will serve Him faithfully!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God who gave us his word to encourage us during our trials....trusting in God's sovereignty with you all.

    ReplyDelete