Friday, February 22, 2013

March 20: Open-heart Surgery

Graham's open-heart surgery is scheduled for March 20. I wrote it on my calendar and I just sat starring at it. It's really happening. My baby boy who seems so perfect has a broken heart and it is going to be fixed on March 20. We don't know a lot about the surgery yet. We meet with the surgeon next Friday. Graham has Tetralogy of Fallot and the surgery will be a "full repair" in which they will patch the VSD, the hole between his lower chambers, and expand his pulmonary valve using a patch. Graham will be away from us for about 6 hours and the actual surgery will be about 2 hours. He will be in the hospital 7-10 days if all goes well.

When we told my grandma the surgery date she said, "Well, we have a whole month to pray." Please join us in praying. I know that you will. God has been so good to us so far and I know He will see us through this. My goal between now and then is to get Graham to take a bottle well in case the doctors want him to take a bottle instead of the breast after surgery to monitor his fluid intake. I will post again soon with specific prayer requests and some ways that you can love on us during our hospital stay. I will be squeezing Graham a little tighter for the next few weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! We will be praying lots and lots for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of the peoples are getting good knowledge to read your informational post, so i would like to thank for creating this interesting blog.

    Open heart surgery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story. Hope your child is fine now and enjoying his life.
    surgical cardiologist and heart surgeon in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete