Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Health Update

We took Graham back to the cardiologist on Monday. The doc was pleased with how Graham's heart and lungs sounded. We don't have to go back to the cardiologist for 6 months! Graham will be a year old before we go back!! We are praising the Lord for a healthy boy!

Graham weighed 15lbs 1oz. He weighed 14lbs 10oz before surgery. I do not know his discharge weight because they didn't put it in the discharge papers and they only told it to me in kgs which I can't remember. But he is eating well and gaining weight.

Graham's eyes are still oscillating constantly (called nystagmus) and the cardiologist was actually concerned about it. I was not able to get the doctors at the hospital or the pediatrician to be concerned about it. But perhaps that is because it has almost been a month since surgery and they are still doing it. The cardiologist said to call the pediatrician to get a recommendation for an ophthalmologist that sees infants. I will be glad to get his eyes checked out b/c it kinda freaks me out to watch his eyes bounce.

Graham and I went to church this past Sunday for the first time in a LONG time. Graham did great in the nursery. I nursed him in between services since he still isn't taking a bottle. I feel like such a failure when I tell people he won't take a bottle at 6 months old. We will keep working on this so momma can get more than an hour long break once in a while! Anyway, it was so good to be back in church and worshiping the Lord for who He is and for what He has done for us!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you dare feel like a failure. Some babies just don't like bottles. We fought the bottle-battle with Nathalie, but she was never really a fan (unless I was the one giving her the bottle... which sort of defeats the purpose of bottles...in my opinion) :) Meanwhile, Leiana was cool with whatever. I don't think we really did anything all that differently with each of them, they were just pre-wired with their likes/dislikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* this wonderful report. And I didn't get to talk to you on Sunday, but I saw you (I think you were heading to nurse him) and was cheered by seeing your face!

    And about bottles? Jocelyn and Robbie never took them. Ever. So if you're a failure for not having Graham taking bottles at six months, then join the club. ;)

    ReplyDelete