Friday, March 22, 2013

Give us this day our daily bread

That is what the Spirit prompted me to pray when my eyes opened this morning. "Lord, give us this day our daily bread. Give us what we need to make it through today." We are taking things one day at a time. Graham is doing better today than yesterday. He is having more urine output, the swelling in his chest is down, and he is doing well with the medicines and pace maker. His heart is still out of rhythm (he has JET) which will correct itself in a few days. They are keeping him really cold to help his heart. His little fingers and toes are freezing! They took the bandage off his incision today so I thought I would post another picture. (Sorry if the pictures bother you but most people are interested!)


Matt and I stayed at the Ronald McDonald house last night. Graham still wasn't eating so we let Matt's mom stay with Graham in the hospital. But speaking of eating... the best news of the day... GRAHAM DRANK FROM A BOTTLE!!!!! Graham has been cleared to eat, but they wanted to start off with pedialyte. We offered him the bottle of pedialyte and he took it eagerly! Despite my best efforts and prayers, Graham was still refusing the bottle at home. But he drank an ounce of the pedialyte and probably would have drank more if we let him. I am sooo thankful and relieved. I cannot get to him to breastfeed until the drainage tubes in his chest come out and I didn't want to have to do a feeding tube. PRAISE THE LORD! He is an on time God. When Graham needed to take a bottle, he did.

2 comments:

  1. Liz and Matt, I am praying for all of you.
    God bless you.
    :-) Nan & Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to keep y'all in my prayers. Thanks for all the updates. I can't even imagine how you must feel having to see him hooked up to all those machines and stuff... oh, my, heart. I just want to hug him, he looks so teeny. Love you guys. If you need anything, let us know!

    ReplyDelete